Saturday, March 6, 2010

PRIME CUT CAFE







The next stop on our whirlwind tour through Orange County Restaurant Week is the Prime Cut Cafe (http://primecutcafe.com/). My sweetie pie has been talking about this place for quite some time; but it took the $15 prix fixe luncheon to finally get the 3 Tubby Tummys to check it out. Hey! What a deal. Who knew! This place is right down the street from the Honda Center and I'm sure that even the Mighty Ducks will appreciate the 3 Tubby Tummys scoring a hat trick in their own backyard!!!
At our server's suggestion, we all had the old fashioned deviled egg appetizer. Devilishly Delicious! My wife ordered the Prime Rib Dip Sandwich and her mother and I both had the Bacon Blue Burger ( you know this one had Burger Boy written all over it!). All came with the house cut skinny fries which were fresh and seasoned perfectly. The burgers were really good; but the overall winner was the prime rib dip. The Au Jus was Audacious!
For dessert, the ladies both ordered the warm mixed berry cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream. Still just a big kid I guess, because I loved my milk & cookies. The chocolate chip cookies were big and fat and still warm out of the oven; and big enough to share with the ladies.
This is a great place with great food and service at a great price. Today's Prime Cut luncheon easily gets three thumbs up from the 3 Tubby Tummys.



1 comment:

  1. It's 11PM and NOW I am STARVING!! I should not be reading your blogs at night BB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete